4.04.2015

04/03/2015
 
Flâneur Diaries {Vigan}

Before I start posting “throwback posts” of things I haven’t posted for the past couple of months, I would like to post a recent entry.

I may be from Manila, but both of my parents were natives of La Union, which is why for almost every Easter season, we go visit my grandparents in the province. This year, we decided to spend an afternoon in the historical city of Vigan, along with my other titas who were visiting the country. Although I have been here countless of times, I will never grow tired of this place. Like what my dad said, it is truly amazing to take a peak into one’s history.

 A short side story for this: Right when we arrived in Vigan, I have been on the hunt for ice cream carts but they just seem to always run away from me (!!!) and when I finally found one, I literally went nuts.
 As it is Easter Season, they're having Jesus murals.
 You cannot say you visited Vigan without trying their freshly cooked empanadas and ukoy (??)
Probably the most cosmopolitan thing I did in Vigan, drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment